Specialist Mathematics VCE Units 3&4
This resource is freely available and can be accessed directly by clicking on the link below.
An account or login is not required for this resource.
This resource was originally developed as a CD-ROM by the Victorian Board of Studies and Cambridge University Press, to create a digital copy of VCE Mathematics Common Assessment Task (CAT) Investigative Project and Challenging Problem materials (1989 – 1999), and to provide illustrative examples of how these could be drawn on to assist teachers to devise their own tasks for school assessed cousrework (SACs). It has now been made available in on-line format so that teachers can continue to access and use these materials.
VCE Mathematics school assessed coursework tasks are to be devised to meet the requirements of the VCE Mathematics study design (2016 – 2020). Teachers should also refer to the VCAA Advice for Teachers which can be accessed from the relevant VCE Mathematics study page.
The copyright attributed to School Assessed Coursework Resource (2000) ISBN 0-521 77560 -4 is jointly owned by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA; formerly Victorian Board of Studies) and Cambridge University Press/authors. Excepting third-party elements, schools may use this resource in accordance with the VCAA educational allowance. For more information go to: www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/aboutus/policies/policy-copyright.aspx. Use of this content beyond the scope of the VCAA’s educational allowance is governed by the Copyright Act 1968 or by express permission from Cambridge University Press and the VCAA.
Developed with the support of the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (formerly the Victorian Board of Studies) to assist teachers in devising suitable application tasks for coursework assessment in VCE Mathematics at the Unit 3& 4 level.
Cambridge University Press
Sue Avery, Karen Baker, Linda Ball, Margaret Clayton, John Dowsey, Les Evans, Wayne Farrell, Marj. Horne, Gaye Williams.
School Assessed Coursework Resource
Specialist Maths SAC Resource [Zipped Word docs 78.9Mb]
To access the digital edition powered by Cambridge HOTmaths, go to:
Cambridge Senior Mathematics: Australian Curriculum/VCE builds on a proven teaching and learning formula to support the new AC/VCE Mathematics Study Designs for implementation in 2016. Our authors have unrivalled expertise in writing examples and problems to prepare students for exams, as well as proven experience interpreting the Australian Curriculum and VCE Study Designs for VCE students.
- Developed from the popular Cambridge Essential Mathematics VCE series, the new series combines logical topic development with a wealth of examples, exercises, exam-style questions and a focus on what is important to guide students to VCE success.
- Carefully-developed creative and rigorous questions help students understand concepts and develop mathematical skills, apply maths to real life and prepare for exams. Drawing on the successful Essential Mathematics VCE style, the questions are now fully updated for the new study designs and latest exams.
- A new level of digital support, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths, allows you to navigate effortlessly and immediately from the Interactive Textbook to interactive animations, video examples, complete worked solutions, automarked questions, online testing and a powerful learning management system.
You are able to access all of your Cambridge digital resources through Cambridge GO.
If you have an Essential Mathematics or Cambridge Senior Mathematics account, follow these steps and your product will appear on the Cambridge GO MY RESOURCES page. Simply repeat the process to connect to another product through Cambridge GO.
- Create or log in to your Cambridge GO account
Note: your Cambridge GO username and password may be different to your Essential Mathematics or Cambridge Senior Mathematics login details
You will be directed to the MY RESOURCES page
- Click on the CONNECT button
- Select the product you would like to connect to your Cambridge GO account
- Enter your existing Essential Mathematics or Cambridge Senior Mathematics username and password. (These will have been provided to you when your account was set up).
All of your resources will now appear in one place, when you log in to Cambridge GO.