Skills in Geography Second Edition
Still the most effective tool for teaching geography skills.
With 18 brand new topographic maps and fresh accompanying activities, this second edition of Skills in Geography offers the most up-to-date and student-focused skills-based resource available.
- Forty-eight large topographic map extracts from Australia and around the globe - 30% of which are new for this edition offer fresh and relevant local and international opportunities for mastering fundamental geography skills.
- A restructured thematic section covering Australian and international content reflects the way geography is taught in today’s classroom.
- All graphs, statistics and tables use current data, ensuring students have access to the most up-to-date information available.
- New areas of significance explore topics including: Barangaroo: Enhancing livability (a study in place and liveability) and an examination of atmospheric hazards (in the context of water and the world).
- Extensive information on the latest technology utilised in the field includes areas such as Google maps, the use of drones, GPS, and satellite-mounted sensors.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 124.6Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 1.3Mb]
Section 1: Key skills in geography [PDF 9.2Mb]
Section 2: Key themes in geography [PDF 51.7Mb]
Section 3: Australia [PDF 23.8Mb]
Section 4: New Zealand [PDF 8.7Mb]
Section 5: South America [PDF 4.6Mb]
Section 6: United Kingdom [PDF 7.7Mb]
Section 7: North America [PDF 18.6Mb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|
Cambridge University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs for external or third-party websites and does not guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.
1st September 2017
p. 80: Corrected legend for 'cliff'
p. 90: Within activities box, 'Refer to the legend on page 80 to complete the following tasks.' has been added
p. 102: Below activites box, 'SCALE 1:20 000' has been inserted in a larger size
p. 104: Question 22 - 'using a vertical scale of 1 cm = 200 m' has been added to the end of the question
p. 104: Question 24 - grid references have been changed to 'summit of Mount Olympus (GR 270448) to the summit of Mount Ida (GR 308478)
p.156: Question 66 - 'Lord's Ireland' has been changed to 'Lord's Island', and 'St Herbert's Ireland' changed to 'St Herbert's Island'