Senior Physical Education for Queensland
Written specifically for the new QLD Physical Education syllabus, Senior Physical Education for Queensland blends key knowledge and theory with physical activities and practical skills application to guide students to success in their internal and external assessments.
- Comprehensively covers the new syllabus to provide the perfect balance between theory and practice while embracing all three dimensions of movement: learning about movement (theory), learning in movement (physical) and learning through movement (working with others).
- Provides an accessible interpretation of the syllabus, written by practising teachers with experience in curriculum development, and who genuinely understand what works in today’s PE classroom.
- Embraces a genuine inquiry approach, with chapters organised around the three stages of inquiry (engage and understand, apply and analyse, and evaluate and justify).
- Includes dedicated inquiry process chapters that introduce students to the key inquiry skills they will develop and apply throughout the course.
- Fully supports students as they prepare for internal and external assessments with a great balance of theory and practical activities, exam-style questions and revision tools.
To view a sample chapter, please click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 58.7Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 1.0Mb]
Physical Education and the inquiry approach [PDF 4.9Mb]
Chapter 1 - Motor learning in physical activity [PDF 5.1Mb]
Chapter 2 - Functional anatomy and biomechanics in physical activity [PDF 18.2Mb]
Chapter 3 - Sport psychology in physical activity [PDF 5.9Mb]
Chapter 4 - Equity: Barriers and enablers in physical activity [PDF 7.3Mb]
Chapter 5 - Tactical awareness in physical activity [PDF 5.1Mb]
Chapter 6 - Ethics and integrity in physical activity [PDF 5.1Mb]
Chapter 7 - Energy, fitness and training for physical activity [PDF 8.8Mb]
Chapter 8 - Evaluations, evidence and assessment support [PDF 4.4Mb]
Glossary [PDF 0.7Mb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|
Now available. You must log in and have a subscription to access the complete Teacher Resource Package.
Note: The Teacher Resource Package does not include access to the PDF Textbook. Please use the 16-character code in the front of your textbook to access the PDF Textbook.
The Teacher Resource Package contains:
- Check-in answers
- Combination review exams with solutions
- Data collection tools for activities
- Diagnostic tests
- Game Performance Assessment Instruments (GPAIs)
- Graphic organisers
Complete Teacher Resource Package [Zip file of Word docs and PowerPoints, 35Mb]
Cambridge University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs for external or third-party websites and does not guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.