Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1-4
Putting design theory into practice
Written by experienced and practising teachers who understand what works in the classroom, Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1–4 has been developed specifically to offer a complete and flexible resource package for the new VCE study design.
- Student-friendly content, easy-to-navigate design, and clear and engaging visual support recognises and caters to the variety of learning styles in the Product Design and Technology classroom.
- Exceptional assessment support prepares students fully for folio assessment and their VCE examinations with examples of strong student folios, tips and advice for creating a folio, sample marking criteria, a folio checklist, and an assessment chapter focusing on SACs and exam support.
- A strong focus on the design process ensures students are able to understand and apply the principles of design theory to folio practice within a classroom setting.
- The included Interactive Textbook brings the study of Product Design and Technology to life with rich, interactive media including video walthroughs and tutorials, image galleries, interactive activities and links to external websites.
- Workbook activities focus on blending theory and practice by applying design processes and elements. The workbook focuses on resistant (wood, metals and plastics) and non-resistant (textiles) materials, and is available in a print or digital format to complement use of the textbook.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Product Design and Technology VCE Units 1-4 [PDF 47.8mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary material and Getting started [PDF 4.2mb]
Chapter 2: Producing and evaluating a redeveloped product [PDF 2.3mb]
Chapter 3: Designing within a team [PDF 3.8mb]
Chapter 4: Producing and evaluating within a team [PDF 2.6mb]
Chapter 5: Designing for end-user/s [PDF 4.2mb]
Chapter 6: Product development in industry [PDF 5.0mb]
Chapter 7: Designing for others [PDF 13.6mb]
Chapter 8: Product analysis and comparison [PDF 1.7mb]
Chapter 9: Product manufacture [PDF 2.6mb]
Chapter 10: Product evaluation [PDF 2.6mb]
Chapter 11: Assessment guide for Units 3 and 4 [PDF 1.2mb]
Endmatter: Glossary and index [PDF 0.5mb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|
Cambridge University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs for external or third-party websites and does not guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.