Creative Inquiry: Visual Art for Queensland Senior Secondary Students
Creative Inquiry: Visual Art for Queensland Senior Secondary Students is a new print and digital resource package written explicitly for the new Visual Art syllabus by a highly experienced team of practising teachers and curriculum developers.
The perfect classroom resource for single-year or combined Year 11 and 12 classes, Creative Inquiry provides everything needed to comprehensively cover the syllabus and prepare students for success in their internal and external assessments.
Closely aligned with the new QLD senior Visual Art syllabus, Creative Inquiry:
- draws on the inquiry learning model and its four areas of study – developing, researching, reflecting and resolving – to explore the interconnectedness of making and responding to art and to develop a better understanding of how we communicate meaning as both artists and audience.
- unpacks the syllabus objectives in the introductory chapters, covering the terminology, techniques and requirements that students need to master from the syllabus.
- structures the remaining chapters around the four key unit concepts – Art as lens, Art as code, Art as knowledge and Art as alternate – and the relevant focuses, contexts and media areas that frame each unit.
- embraces the Reverse Chronology approach to investigate contemporary and historical arts practice, encouraging students to take the work of the contemporary artist as a starting point from which to explore the ideas, events, traditions and techniques that influence artists, styles and practices.
- explores local and international artists that are featured explicitly in the syllabus and provides detailed case studies of carefully selected key artists to demonstrate the diversity of 21st century art practices.
Comprehensive assessment support:
- encourages and stimulates students to fully engage with the concepts, techniques and materials they need to produce their own portfolios of work.
- provides ample opportunity for students to practise written responses in preparation for both their internal and external written assessments.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 130Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 2.7Mb]
Chapter 1 Introduction [PDF 2Mb]
Chapter 2 Creative inquiry frameworks [PDF 4.4Mb]
Chapter 3 Making meaning through art [PDF 12Mb]
Chapter 4 Responding to art [PDF 2.1Mb]
Chapter 5 Generating solutions to visual problems [PDF 12.5Mb]
Chapter 6 A lens to explore the material world [PDF 10Mb]
Chapter 7 Semiotics in visual art [PDF 16Mb]
Chapter 8 Art as a coded visual language [PDF 11Mb]
Chapter 9 Constructing knowledge as artist and audience [PDF 32Mb]
Chapter 10 Assessment [PDF 4.1Mb]
Chapter 11 Creating alternate meanings [PDF 12Mb]
Chapter 12 Assessment [PDF 7.3Mb]
Glossary [PDF 111Kb]
Index [PDF 180Kb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|