Cambridge Studies of Religion Stage 6 Fourth Edition
Revised, reviewed and updated, Cambridge Studies of Religion Stage 6 Fourth Edition provides new, contemporary and up-to-date content to engage Study of Religion students.
A complete, flexible and comprehensive print and digital resource package for the NSW Studies of Religion syllabus, this series has been designed to guide students to a greater understanding of the origins, beliefs, texts, ethics, practices and people of the world’s most wide-reaching religions.
- Updates include 2016 census data, new significant people and schools of thought, extended profiles for some current significant people, new contemporary examples of religion in the modern world, and revised language and notes for religious depth studies.
- HSC verbs are now highlighted within questions to help students develop the skills they need to excel at HSC level and ensure they will be fully prepared for success in their final exam.
- Activities in each chapter invite students to investigate aspects of religion in greater detail, consider a variety of opinions and alternative perspectives, and undertake further research into areas that are of particular interest.
- Video interviews with NSW-based representatives from each of the religious traditions are linked from QR codes included in the Print Textbook and embedded in the Interactive Textbook.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Complete PDF Textbook
Studies of Religion 4ed [PDF 68.8Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 2.8Mb]
Chapter 1 - The nature of religion and beliefs [PDF 2.9Mb]
Chapter 2 - Religion in Australia pre-1945 [PDF 4.8Mb]
Chapter 3 - Religion in Australia post-1945 [PDF 4.6Mb]
Chapter 4 - Buddhism: The basic facts [PDF 5.8Mb]
Chapter 5 - Buddhism: Depth study [PDF 5.1Mb]
Chapter 6 - Christianity: The basic facts [PDF 4.2Mb]
Chapter 7 - Christianity: Depth study [PDF 4.7Mb]
Chapter 8 - Hinduism: The basic facts [PDF 3.6Mb]
Chapter 9 - Hinduism: Depth study [PDF 3.9Mb]
Chapter 10 - Islam: The basic facts [PDF 5.3Mb]
Chapter 11 - Islam: Depth study [PDF 9.5Mb]
Chapter 12 - Judaism: The basic facts [PDF 3.9Mb]
Chapter 13 - Judaism: Depth study [PDF 4.4Mb]
Chapter 14 - Religions of ancient origin [PDF 4.3Mb]
Chapter 15 - Religion and peace [PDF 4.3Mb]
Chapter 16 - Religion and non-religion [PDF 4.7Mb]
Glossary, Answers, Index and Acknowledgements [PDF 1.8Mb]
Digital only chapters
Chapter 5A.2 - Further significant people and schools of thought [PDF 4.1Mb]
Chapter 7A.2 - Further significant people and schools of thought [PDF 3.1Mb]
Chapter 9A.2 - Further significant people and schools of thought [PDF 4.4Mb]
Chapter 11A.2 - Further significant people and schools of thought [PDF 2.7Mb]
Chapter 13A.2 - Further significant people and schools of thought [PDF 2.9Mb]
Index [PDF 0.9Mb]
Download Study Toolkit [PDF 0.9Mb]
You are entitled to download and store these PDFs. However they may not be transferred to another party, including other students, as electronic or print versions.
To use the enhanced PDF functions, such as note taking, you must download these PDFs to your computer and open them with Adobe Reader 9 or later.
The PDF Textbook is designed for full functionality using the latest version of Adobe Reader. The markup function is available in selected PDF readers for the iPad and other devices using iOS. Check your PDF reader specifications. At the time of publication, Adobe Reader, Good Reader and PDF Expert were viable options.
Note that some PDF file names may comprise the ISBN and chapter number.
|You must have Adobe Reader installed to view the PDF files.|
The complete Teacher Resource Package contains:
- Additional activities and solutions
- Exams and exam solutions
- End of chapter solutions
- Exercise and activity solutions
- Teaching programs
Teacher Resource Package
Download Teacher Resource Package [Zipped Word docs and PowerPoint presentations 20.3Mb]
Chapter 1 - Gap fill activity [Word 0.14Mb]
Chapter 1 - End of chapter solutions [Word 0.14Mb]
Chapter 1 - Exercise and Extension activity solutions [Word 0.15Mb]
Chapter 1 - Teaching program: Nature of religion [Word 0.04Mb]
Chapter 1 - The nature of religion and beliefs [PowerPoint 0.19Mb]