Cambridge Making and Breaking the Law VCE Units 1&2
Cambridge Making and Breaking the Law comprehensively covers the 2018 VCE Study Design while incorporating practical features and an authoritative understanding of legal studies in Victoria that makes it an effective and accessible resource.
- Comprehensively addresses the principles and directions of the 2018 VCE Study Design and provides extensive coverage of the substantial changes to the study.
- Incorporates recent legislative changes and the latest data and statistics to ensure students have access to the most up-to-date information available.
- Provides valuable insight into real-life applications of the law through news reports and case studies on contemporary issues.
- Progressively builds the knowledge and skills required for success and supports exam preparation with end-of-chapter summaries, revision questions and practice exam questions.
- Brings Legal Studies to life through rich media, pop-up glossary definitions, interactive activities and more in the Interactive Textbook.
PDFs updated November 30th, 2018.
To view a sample chapter, click on the file below in blue.
Full PDF Textbook
Complete textbook [PDF 40.2Mb]
PDF Textbook chapters
Preliminary pages [PDF 0.7Mb]
Chapter 1 - Guilt and liability [PDF 3.5Mb]
Chapter 2 - Presumption of innocence [PDF 1.9Mb]
Chapter 3 - A criminal offence: theft, robbery and burglary [PDF 1.7Mb]
Chapter 4 - A criminal offence: murder and other forms of homicide [PDF 2.7Mb]
Chapter 5 - Civil liability [PDF 1.6Mb]
Chapter 6 - An area of civil law: negligence [PDF 2.2Mb]
Chapter 7 - An area of civil law: defamation [PDF 1.9Mb]
Chapter 8 - Sanctions [PDF 5.4Mb]
Chapter 9 - A criminal case: Theft of car with baby inside [PDF 2.0Mb]
Chapter 10 - A criminal case: shooting murder of a father [PDF 2.7Mb]
Chapter 11 - Remedies [PDF 3.1Mb]
Chapter 12 - A civil case: mental health exclusion in travel insurance leads to discrimination [PDF 2.6Mb]
Chapter 13 - A civil case: exposure to asbestos during employment caused cancer [PDF 3.4Mb]
Chapter 14 - Rights [PDF 3.6Mb]
Chapter 15 - Impact on the protection of rights in Australia [PDF 2.2Mb]
Glossary and Index [PDF 0.1Mb]
Cambridge University Press has no responsibility for the persistence or accuracy of URLs for external or third-party websites and does not guarantee that any content on such websites is, or will remain, accurate or appropriate.
Please note: The Teacher resource package does not include access to the PDF textbook. Please use the 16 character code in the front of your textbook to access the PDF textbook.
The complete Teacher Resource Package contains:
- Practice exams
- Teaching programs
- Textbook responses
This resource has been published by Cambridge University Press for use by teachers. This resource is not written or provided by the Victorian Commercial Teachers Association (VCTA). The VCTA makes no warranties regarding the correctness or accuracy of the content in this resource. To the extent permitted by law, the VCTA excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered or incurred as a result of accessing, using or relying on the content.
Complete Teacher Resource Package [Zipped Word docs and PowerPoints 60.3Mb]